A divorce financial planner that is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®) is an excellent resource for divorcing couples. By being uniquely qualified to make long-term financial projections, divorce financial planners integrate the methodology of financial planning directly into the divorce process. Since settlements are largely financial, CDFA® professionals have the special skills and experience to identify and assess options so that you can make the hard decisions.
A divorce financial planner who is CDFA ® certified can help clients understand:
- The difference between separate and marital property
- How property is valued and divided
- Retirement and pension division alternatives
- Spousal support
- Whether you can afford the keep the marital home
- Tax implications
- Which settlement is better for your future
View our Divorce Guides below in "Files for Download". Click here to view divorce videos.