A financial advisor who has received the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® certification (CDFA®) is a great resource for divorcing couples. By being uniquely qualified to make long-term financial projections, advisors can integrate the methodology of financial planning directly into the divorce process. Since settlements are largely financial, CDFA® professionals have the skills and experience to assess options so that you can make the hard decisions.
An advisor who has the CDFA® designation can help clients understand:
• The differences between separate & martial property
• How property is valued & divided
• Retirement & pension division alternatives
• Spousal support
• Can you afford to keep the marital home
• Tax implications & solutions
• Which settlement is better for your future
Our CDFA® professionals use their experience to provide you with powerful data to support your case.
To access divorce guides, scroll down to “files for download”. Divorce videos are also on this page.