Gain timely insights and perspectives from Ameriprise market and economy experts. We closely watch the financial environment to help you make informed investment decisions.
Reach out with any questions or concerns, especially if your goals have changed. We're available to connect at a time convenient for you, including by phone or online.
Midyear outlook: What’s ahead for markets and the economy?
The second quarter has been an especially challenging one for investors. Stocks finished the first half of the year with their worst performance in more than 50 years, recession speculation continues to loom, and bond volatility remains elevated.
Hear from Ameriprise experts on these developments, including:
- Key takeaways from the first half of the year
- What’s ahead for the second half of the year
- Equity, fixed income and asset allocation strategies for investors to consider
Inflation and bear market considerations for investors
The arrival of a bear market has raised concerns for investors. Are we headed into a recession? What changes – if any – should investors make to their portfolios?
Ameriprise Financial experts discuss how advisors are helping clients navigate current market conditions:
- The impact of inflation and rising rates on the market
- Opportunities for investors and their portfolios
- Goal-specific investing strategies
Will inflation become stagflation?
Inflation has been a significant issue for investors and consumers alike this year, impacting everything from energy prices to the Fed and financial markets. Watch as Ameriprise Financial Chief Economist Russell Price discusses:
- The outlook for inflation
- Whether we are headed for stagflation
- What to watch for in the markets
Yields rise – there’s a silver lining in there
Rising bond yields gave fixed-income investments a difficult start to the year. There is a silver lining, however: Higher bond yields are more attractive, especially for income investors. Ameriprise Financial Fixed Income Strategist Brian Erickson shares:
- Why the rise in U.S. aggregate yields is a deal changer for income investors
- What’s next for the bond and fixed income markets
How to navigate market volatility
When the stock market fluctuates, it’s natural to feel uncertain about your investment decisions. Together, we can review your portfolio and discuss personalized recommendations that support your financial goals throughout market cycles over time.
Together, we can help you prepare for and weather market fluctuations
Remember to keep these tips in mind, especially when markets are volatile:
- Stay focused on your financial goals — we’re here to help with this.
- Ensure your allocations are consistent with your longer-term risk profile and rebalance your portfolio regularly.
- Make sound investment decisions based on informed, rational reactions to news headlines.
If you have concerns about your investments, please reach out. Together, we can determine what, if any, action you need to take.