Gain timely insights and perspectives from Ameriprise market and economy experts. We closely watch the financial environment to help you make informed investment decisions.
Reach out with any questions or concerns, especially if your goals have changed. We're available to connect at a time convenient for you, including by phone or online.
What should investors watch for in Q2 2022?
The close of March marked the end of a volatile first quarter. Ameriprise Global Market Strategist Anthony Saglimbene looks back on Q1 and shares what could be in store for Q2, including:
- Headwinds that could stall momentum
- Bright spots in the investing landscape
- Actions investors should consider
Yields rise – there’s a silver lining in there
Rising bond yields gave fixed-income investments a difficult start to the year. There is a silver lining, however: Higher bond yields are more attractive, especially for income investors. Ameriprise Financial Fixed Income Strategist Brian Erickson shares:
- Why the rise in U.S. aggregate yields is a deal changer for income investors
- What’s next for the bond and fixed income markets
What’s the likelihood of a U.S. recession?
Four of the last five times the Fed Reserve has rolled out a series of interest rate hikes, the U.S. economy entered a recession soon after. Will that be the case this time? Ameriprise Chief Economist Russell Price answers that question and shares his insights on where the U.S. economy is heading.
How to navigate market volatility
When the stock market fluctuates, it’s natural to feel uncertain about your investment decisions. Together, we can review your portfolio and discuss personalized recommendations that support your financial goals throughout market cycles over time.
Together, we can help you prepare for and weather market fluctuations
Remember to keep these tips in mind, especially when markets are volatile:
- Stay focused on your financial goals — we’re here to help with this.
- Ensure your allocations are consistent with your longer-term risk profile and rebalance your portfolio regularly.
- Make sound investment decisions based on informed, rational reactions to news headlines.
If you have concerns about your investments, please reach out. Together, we can determine what, if any, action you need to take.