Gain timely insights and perspectives from Ameriprise market and economy experts. We closely watch the financial environment to help you make informed investment decisions.
Reach out with any questions or concerns, especially if your goals have changed. We're available to connect at a time convenient for you, including by phone or online.
The outlook for stocks in 2022 and 3 key portfolio considerations
Continued uptrend in U.S. equities is anticipated this year, with the pace of gains moderating toward the long-term historical average. Ameriprise Global Market Strategist Anthony Saglimbene discusses what to know for the year ahead, including:
- The outlook for the global economy and monetary policy.
- Whether stocks could continue to deliver strong returns.
- Key portfolio considerations for the first quarter.
Strategies for bond allocations in the evolving environment
The Federal Reserve’s intention to raise interest rates likely dimmed prospects for bond performance in 2022. Ameriprise Fixed Income Strategist Brian Erickson discusses the situation for diversified investors, including:
- Implications of the Fed policy pivot.
- How global central bank decisions could impact bonds.
- Strategies to consider for fixed income portfolios this year.
What to expect for US economic growth and inflation relief in 2022
Underlying economic conditions are sound, but COVID-19 variants remain a key risk for the US economy. Ameriprise Chief Economist Russell Price discusses:
- The forecasted growth rate and drivers for the US economy.
- The potential timing for inflation to ease.
- Whether higher interest rates from the Fed could pressure stock prices.
How to navigate market volatility
When the stock market fluctuates, it’s natural to feel uncertain about your investment decisions. Together, we can review your portfolio and discuss personalized recommendations that support your financial goals throughout market cycles over time.
Together, we can help you prepare for and weather market fluctuations
Remember to keep these tips in mind, especially when markets are volatile:
- Stay focused on your financial goals — we’re here to help with this.
- Ensure your allocations are consistent with your longer-term risk profile and rebalance your portfolio regularly.
- Make sound investment decisions based on informed, rational reactions to news headlines.
If you have concerns about your investments, please reach out. Together, we can determine what, if any, action you need to take.