Gain timely insights and perspectives from Ameriprise market and economy experts. We closely watch the financial environment to help you make informed investment decisions.
Reach out with any questions or concerns, especially if your goals have changed. We're available to connect at a time convenient for you, including by phone or online.
3 key themes to watch in the final stretch of 2021
Stock prices have risen to record highs, but uncertainties remain. Ameriprise Global Market Strategist Anthony Saglimbene presents three big-picture investment themes to keep in focus.
- Maintain a positive outlook heading into year end with historically strong stock performance in Q4.
- Stock diversification and quality across key sectors are vital as economic growth slows.
- Washington policy proposals could have tax implications that cause periods of market volatility.
Will the pace of stock returns begin to slow?
Stock market returns in the first half of the year have been rewarding for investors, with record high prices among the major domestic stock averages. Ameriprise Chief Market Strategist David Joy discusses his near-term outlook for the aging bull market and answers three key questions from investors.
- What could help drive stock prices higher?
- What are the main risks to watch?
- Should you review your investment mix?
What’s ahead from the Fed?
U.S. bond markets continue to be well supported, but when can investors expect the Federal Reserve to taper its policy support? Head of Fixed Income Brian Erickson summarizes longer-term views of the Fed’s intentions, including three key elements:
- The Fed’s path to eventual rate hikes
- The trajectory of the federal deficit
- Key considerations for bond investors
Can your portfolio stay on track despite inflation?
The economy is well positioned for further strong growth, even amid elevated prices for products and services. Ameriprise Chief Economist Russell Price discusses investor considerations and the second half of the year, including:
- What is driving inflation in the United States?
- How long could inflation pressures last?
- What is the global economic outlook?
How to navigate market volatility
When the stock market fluctuates, it’s natural to feel uncertain about your investment decisions. Together, we can review your portfolio and discuss personalized recommendations that support your financial goals throughout market cycles over time.
Together, we can help you prepare for and weather market fluctuations
Remember to keep these tips in mind, especially when markets are volatile:
- Stay focused on your financial goals — we’re here to help with this.
- Ensure your allocations are consistent with your longer-term risk profile and rebalance your portfolio regularly.
- Make sound investment decisions based on informed, rational reactions to news headlines.
If you have concerns about your investments, please reach out. Together, we can determine what, if any, action you need to take.