Help conduct the operation of a financial advisory practice with an independent franchisee of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations allowing the advisor to focus on client acquisition and deepening client relationships.
Provide support across the business through a variety of different projects that may include scheduling meetings, preparing client communications, tracking new business correspondence, setting up and maintaining the client management system, and coordinating marketing events.
Responsibilities and time allocation will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
Business Management Projects
- Schedule and prepare agendas and forms for client appointments
- Sit in on client meetings
- Answer client questions
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues
- Assist the others in the practice
- Assess the practice’s online and local presence and provide recommendations for improvements
- Coordinate practice marketing events
- Greet and extend hospitality to clients and document client communications
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature
- Set up and maintain client management system
Key Traits of a Successful Intern:
- Effective communication with clients, advisors and staff
- Strong computer and phone skills
- Efficient time management, organization, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor and Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to continually learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
- High school degree or higher
- Enrolled college student (Preferably Sophomore or Junior status)
To apply, send your résumé and cover letter to Sarah.Wiersma@ampf.com
This position will be an employee/contractor of an independent Franchise Advisor, not of Ameriprise Financial.