Gain timely insights and perspectives from Ameriprise market and economy experts. We closely watch the financial environment to help you make informed investment decisions.
Reach out with any questions or concerns, especially if your goals have changed. We're available to connect at a time convenient for you, including by phone or online.
5 key questions amid elevated stock prices and uncertainties
U.S. stock prices sit near record levels amid exceptional corporate earnings and accommodative monetary policy from the Federal Reserve. Considering the current backdrop for stocks, Ameriprise Global Market Strategist Anthony Saglimbene presents key questions to consider near term.
- How likely is a correction?
- Could higher inflation eventually impact stock prices?
- What are potential market and economic implications of the Delta variant?
- How could regulatory pressure in China affect U.S. investors?
- What are the main portfolio recommendations for long-term investors?
Will the pace of stock returns begin to slow?
Stock market returns in the first half of the year have been rewarding for investors, with record high prices among the major domestic stock averages. Ameriprise Chief Market Strategist David Joy discusses his near-term outlook for the aging bull market and answers three key questions from investors.
- What could help drive stock prices higher?
- What are the main risks to watch?
- Should you review your investment mix?
What’s ahead from the Fed?
U.S. bond markets continue to be well supported, but when can investors expect the Federal Reserve to taper its policy support? Head of Fixed Income Brian Erickson summarizes longer-term views of the Fed’s intentions, including three key elements:
- The Fed’s path to eventual rate hikes
- The trajectory of the federal deficit
- Key considerations for bond investors
Can your portfolio stay on track despite inflation?
The economy is well positioned for further strong growth, even amid elevated prices for products and services. Ameriprise Chief Economist Russell Price discusses investor considerations and the second half of the year, including:
- What is driving inflation in the United States?
- How long could inflation pressures last?
- What is the global economic outlook?
Midyear market check-in: stocks, inflation and cryptocurrencies
Substantial tailwinds drove stock prices higher in the first half of 2021. As we look ahead, Ameriprise Global Market Strategist Anthony Saglimbene provides investors with strategic views on:
- Key market drivers from Q1 - Q2
- The outlook for Q3 - Q4
- Cryptocurrencies and meme stocks
5 key investor themes for the surging economy
Amid exceptionally bright financial conditions, there are opportunities and risks to consider. Ameriprise Global Market Strategist Anthony Saglimbene provides timely perspective on:
- Expectations for stock returns
- The benefit of a portfolio review
- Inflation and supply pressures
- Tax proposals and market implications
- Speculative areas such as cryptocurrencies
How to navigate market volatility
When the stock market fluctuates, it’s natural to feel uncertain about your investment decisions. Together, we can review your portfolio and discuss personalized recommendations that support your financial goals throughout market cycles over time.
Together, we can help you prepare for and weather market fluctuations
Remember to keep these tips in mind, especially when markets are volatile:
- Stay focused on your financial goals — we’re here to help with this.
- Ensure your allocations are consistent with your longer-term risk profile and rebalance your portfolio regularly.
- Make sound investment decisions based on informed, rational reactions to news headlines.
If you have concerns about your investments, please reach out. Together, we can determine what, if any, action you need to take.