Help conduct the operation of a financial advisory practice with an independent franchisee of Ameriprise Financial. The paraplanner will assist financial advisor(s) in the financial planning workflow. This position will follow the high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements.
Provide client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues, coordinating/tracking projects, organizing client seminars and performing other business management tasks as needed.
Responsibilities and time allocation will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
Financial planning and advice/product solutions
- Prepare financial planning recommendations and product solutions for advisor review and use
- Prepare charts, graphs and other visual aids to be used with clients
- Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations based on client needs and develop product deliverables
Client care/business management
- Maintain client contact during the financial planning process
- Answer questions and provide information to clients as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Review and update client information for review meetings and attend and participate in client meetings as necessary
- Manage and resolve client service problems
Key traits of a successful Paraplanner:
- Effective communication with clients, advisors and staff
- Efficient time management, attention to detail, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as required by advisor and Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to continually learn and grow
Education and other designations:
- College degree or higher
- 2+ years of related experience
- Have or be able obtain licenses and registrations for securities, including: Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses
To apply, send your résumé and cover letter to Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be an employee/contractor of an independent Franchise Advisor, not of Ameriprise Financial.