Help conduct the operation of a financial advisory practice with an independent franchisee of Ameriprise Financial. Assist the financial advisor(s) in managing office work flow and business operations. Consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements.
Manage the day-to-day activities of staff including: conducting weekly touch points, delivering annual performance reviews and hiring new staff. Take the lead to manage practice financials, coordinate/track projects, organize client seminars and other practice management functions essential to a small business.
Responsibilities and time allocation will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
- Maintain practice financials, budget and manage office expenses
- Manage equipment and facilities including equipment maintenance, cleaning service contracts, and ordering office related items
- Review procedures and implement quality improvements and efficiencies
- Supervise administrative staff and manage team interactions
- Delegate work and provide feedback to other support staff
- Own the recruiting process for hiring new staff into the practice
- Train, support and be a technical resource for other staff in the practice
- Communicate with clients to set up meetings or appointments
- Set up and maintain client management system
- Maintain files and records
- Write letters to clients and administer client appreciation
Key Traits of a Successful Office Manager:
- Effective communication with clients, advisors and staff
- Efficient time management, attention to detail, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as required by advisor and Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to continually learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
- College degree or higher
- Experience in managing a small office environment
To apply, send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be an employee/contractor of an independent Franchise Advisor, not of Ameriprise Financial.